Learn and practice the fundamentals of safe and accurate pistol shooting, from Massachusetts-certified instructors. You do not need to own a firearm or have prior shooting experience to take this course. Do you feel comfortable around firearms? If not, this course is for you, even if you never intend to own one. This class is also suitable for people who have some experience with firearms, but want a review of the basics or need a proof-of-training certificate. Upon completion, students receive a completion certificate suitable for license applications. Firearms and ammunition are provided.
This course is certified by the Massachusetts State Police to satisfy training requirements for a Massachusetts FID card or a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms (Class A or B).
During this course, you will:
- Learn how to safely handle firearms
- Be able to identify different firearms and their primary parts
- Understand the mechanics of how a firearm functions
- Learn and practice the basics of sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control
- Fire several different types and calibers of firearms
6 maximum to insure personal attention to each participant.
Students must present a license (Massachusetts FID card, or firearms license) or sign an affidavit stating that they have no criminal record.